Friday, April 20, 2007

Where Inspiration is Found



There's a little street downtown called Trounce Alley. Closed to all but foot traffic and just one block long, it's full of charming shops. My favourite place, full of inspiration, is The Button and Needlework Boutique.

Just to enter the store is lovely. Classical music, friendly store clerks and oodles of threads, buttons, books and patterns. Ribbons, too. I have to really discipline myself here.

I only discovered the store because my daughter works there parttime. She has become very aware of buttons. I bought a cream sweater a few months ago that had three large buttons on the front. When Ashley saw it, she said, "Mom, those buttons have to go. I'll bring you some from the store." And she did - beautiful shell buttons that make the sweater look lovely.

If you're ever in Victoria, stop into the shop. You'll be inspired to create something!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit and for the nice words. Hope you'll be back, I have you entered in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am having a nice day Lorrie, thanks. As it is 8 hours different I guess you are beginning your day at this time so you have a nice day too!
    I'll look up the store if I am ever in Victoria (in my drreams).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:32 PM

    Oh. My. Gosh. is that the cutest button sign? Thanks for sharing this picture! I just found your Blog and I love it!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...