Thursday, October 04, 2007

Birthday Season

 


September begins what we call "birthday season." Our three children were born in the autumn, along with me. And our daughter-in-law and son-in-law were also born during this time. My husband has his birthday off in the spring.

The last birthday celebration was a couple of weeks ago. We had planned a hot dog roast on the beach, but blustery wet weather forced a change of plans. Instead we roasted hot dogs in our fireplace in the living room. A quilt spread on the floor acted as sand and I had a pile of driftwood on the hearth for effect.

I was inspired to give these small bags as take-home treats (even though everyone is an adult, don't we all love take-home party bags?) A few tea bags, some chocolate and a pretty tag.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Bit of This and That

  Off in the distance Mount Baker, in the USA, gleams in the sunlight. My best guess is that it's about 100 km away as the crow flies. T...