Thursday, November 01, 2007

All Grown Up

 


She's married now, has a responsible job teaching English to high schoolers and is one of my dearest friends, but 26 years ago, in a small mission hospital on the edge of the Amazon jungle, she was my firstborn child. She was tiny and perfect. Her father and I gazed in wonder at her scrunched-up face and thought of her as our princess. We couldn't imagine what her life would bring, how she and her siblings would colour our lives with joy.

Happy birthday, princess.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:52 PM

    What a really lovely photo - precious! Happy Birthday to your daughter. I have six children almost all completely grown-up now (and I am married to a pastor who thought for sure that we would be on the mission field in Africa but ended up here in the States).

    I also love polishing silver ... it's so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...