Monday, November 05, 2007

It's a Wrap

 


Saturday was a lovely day - we celebrated 2 birthdays. Mine and my eldest daughter's. I just love being together with my family. We relaxed, ate, laughed, watched a movie, ate some more.

I found some red mugs for my daughter, to match her newly renovated kitchen. The box was so pretty that it didn't need wrapping. For this gift I covered the top of the box with scrapbooking paper, glued ribbon around the band and tied it all up with a polkadotted box and a tag made from scraps.

I've decided that this Christmas I'm not buying wrapping paper. While I love making gifts look special, I hate the waste of wrapping just to throw it out. I made some fabric sacks a couple of years ago and I reuse them every year. And there are gift bags, but I like to wrap boxes, too. I've got some ideas up my sleeve and I'll be sharing them with you.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday to you and your daughter.

    That box is beautiful Lorrie! I'm sure your daughter was thrilled. And the polka dot ribbon is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so it was your birthday on the 3rd. Mine the 4th. Belated Happy Birthday and thanks for your best wishes. So are yu actually sharing a birthday with your daughter? That's something.
    Come Friday I hope to be posting some of the most spectacular Autumn colours I have ever seen. All due to our freak weathe this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...