Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Sail

 

Here's the skipper, aka Mr. Handyman Husband, with our eldest daughter and her husband. Mr. HH loves being out on the water, and the rest of us are happy to come along. A bit of wind gusted through and we put up the sails and moved along the water without engine noise. That is the very best part of boating.

 

We anchored near Sidney Spit and took the dinghy to shore. This is our son and his wife walking on the beach. Lovely sand, sun-sparkled ocean, and family...a near-perfect day. It would have been perfectly perfect had Ashley been with us, but she's having a wonderful time in Estonia.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a great Father's day. Ashley was there in spirit.

    You live in such a beautiful area. DH would like to move back to WA sometime. He misses the green!

    Also, you have been tagged-hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a wonderful day! This was the first time in my 38 years of life that I didn't get to spend Father's Day with my dad. He had to go to Los Angeles because my nana (his mom) was having an angiogram. So, tomorrow we're going to do Father's Day, but it somehow just doesn't feel the same.

    Anyway, I'm glad you had a nice Father's Day even if Ashley wasn't able to be there.

    Hugs,
    Michele
    luvkittysmeowmail@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...