Saturday, June 07, 2008

Party Day


It's an open house to celebrate Ashley's university degree (Bachelor of Science in Linguistics) and to wish her bon voyage for her trip to Europe - she leaves tomorrow.


The kitchen is filled with polka-dotted cupcakes, nanaimo bars, shortbread, cheeses, fruit and more - all of Ashley's favourites.

I received a lovely blog award this past week which I will tell you all about on Monday - things are really busy around here today - my parents are visiting so there's talking, laughter, shopping, cooking and all round fun!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lorrie, I am so happy that you're getting to celebrate your daughter. I am sure it's bittersweet for you, sending her off across the world. But please don't rush about the award... no hurry... just whenever you get to it. It seems you are loaded with things to celebrate these days. How wonderful that God is blessing in so many ways. LOVE the posy and the lovely cupcakes!!

    Blessings,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your blog. Love your cupcakes! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorrie...Thank-you so much for visiting. Have been busy finishing a couple of Halloween projects for Pfatt Marketplace this month. And I haven't been feeling so hot for the past few days...I'll be fine in a couple of days, I'm sure.

    Your pictures of France are just gorgeous. So pretty. I just love those quaint little streets.

    The little church in the previous post is just so charming. Love it.

    Congratulations on your mag. article...I will have to read it.

    Covering a lot of bases here...but will be back in the groove later in the week.

    I hope your daughter has a wonderful time in Europe...congratulations Ashley!

    Talk again soon, Lorrie
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...