Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Stitching Bits and Pieces

I've been inspired by the work of Rebecca Sower and have wanted to stitch a collage for some time. Sunday afternoon seemed just right. The house was quiet and cool. I gathered scraps, needle and thread, a few buttons and embellishments and had the most fun time. I wondered how to make the lettering on fabric - an old typewriter would work well, but I don't have one.
I had the brilliant (to me at least) idea to stamp letters on fabric using an archival stamp pad. Voila! I'm very pleased with the results.
I'm so thankful that God's love never changes - it's constant no matter how I feel. That thought ran through my mind as I stitched.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lorrie...

    A lovely little piece. Your lettering turned out beautifully. Love all of the different little touches..ie: tulle, buttons...

    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorrie,

    You did a wonderful job on your collage, really came out great.

    Kindredly, Lynne Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...