Thursday, November 13, 2008

Celebrations and more


Congratulations, Travis! Yesterday was convocation, since he finished in August (co-op program) Here's the proud Computer Engineer with his lovely wife, Katie.


And here...with his parents (ooh, that colour in the background makes us look soooo old!) This is a stupendous day. When the girls finished university those were also stupendous, but there's a little extra bit of wonder, gratitude and marvel for this one.
When Travis was 10 he had a head injury...one thing the doctor told us was that higher math would be impossible for Travis. At that point, we didn't care, we just wanted our son to awaken from his coma. And we entrusted his healing to God.
Here he is 15 years later, with straight A's in calculus, his favourite subject.
Just thinking about it makes my eyes tear up. God chose to heal Travis so completely, beyond what we could ask or think.
Praises be to our wonderful, almighty Lord.




Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful testimony of God's power! I love it! (and the sap that I am, I teared up, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:54 AM

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God in His grace and mercy. Congratulations Travis! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your glitter houses below!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am tearing up just reading this, and I am also rejoicing with you in this remarkable milestone. Glory to God in the highest. I am sure this is also a testimony of how well-loved Travis is.


    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lorrie,

    Congrats to Travis!
    What a heartfelt post. Praise God! His mercy and grace are never ending.

    hugs to you my friend,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...