Saturday, November 29, 2008

Getting Close to Christmas

This past week I've spoken to two ladies' groups at our church, and helped organize another event. For one of them I made folded paper stars from old music paper, then added a verse and a bit of glitter. I had a few left over and thought they'd be pretty on a wintery table.


Last night we had a home tour. We toured three homes decorated for Christmas and then went to the church for cookies, hot chocolate and spiced apple cider. Mmmm. Good. Our home was on the tour so I set the kitchen table in a wintery theme. I used crocheted doilies as placemats on a checked background. The folded paper stars were perfect as napkin rings.

Vellum snowflakes littered the table and a cozy oil lamp with a red bow cast a warm glow over the table. It was all so very pretty. Before everyone came last night I wandered through the candle lit house and thought, "let's have Christmas NOW!" The home tour was a great success! All the ladies had a wonderful time.

This morning I UN-decorated the tree since it was an artificial one borrowed from a friend and we'll put up a REAL tree in a week or 10 days. And we ate breakfast at the wintery table but now that's gone too. The dining table is still set and I'll share some other pictures later.

I'm feeling very mellow and relaxed - exams and papers finished, this busy week done, and now...I have many Christmas projects to work on. I can hardly wait to start!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lorrie! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my Marie Antoinette Jeweled Christmas Tree! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season ~ xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorrie,

    Like you place settings, love the star with the music paper...is it card stock?

    Kindredly, Lynne Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love home tours! Haven't been on one in a while, but I content myself with taking the occasional evening walk and looking into people's lit living rooms......(from the sidewalk, totally un-stalker-like!!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...