December is a month focused on the BIG celebration of Christmas. I love Christmas and all the bustle of baking, gift-making, decorating, and visiting. But it's important to me to take pleasure in the small things of every day. Here are a few things that are giving me quiet joy today...
1. the smell of balsam fir from the tree
2. a cup of fragrant hot tea sipped slowly
3. the dull light outside my window that turns the world into shades of grey
4. kissing my husband goodbye before he leaves for work
5. the prospect of getting my hair cut this afternoon
6. a tidy kitchen
How about you? What small things are you treasuring today?