Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Busy Days

We've had a fun weekend with visiting family. Lots of food, laughter and good talks. The weather has been chilly - a cold wind is blowing off the ocean.

This morning I wrote another exam. Whew! I'm glad that one's done. And to celebrate - I'm not going to study for the rest of the day. Instead I have a new Marie Claire Idees magazine that I'm going to peruse while lying indolently on the couch with a bit of dark chocolate at hand.

But before I do that I wanted to do this short post. I've always wanted a clothespin bag - it seems like such a homey thing. I don't have an outdoor clothesline yet, but hope to...our yard isn't very conducive to one. But I have a bag ready for the day. And I do use clothespins indoors as well. I used up some scraps, did some fiddling around with fabric and topped it with a vintage millinery flower.

Now I'm off to read and get some more ideas.

4 comments:

  1. I am always amazed that folks are able to take some snippets of things found about their home and create beautiful and functional items ~ this clothespin bag is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there,
    I have an award for your lovely blog if you would like to collect it from mine!
    Best wishes
    BHx

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is so lovely -- I always joke -- that I sew on a button badly - and altho I can sew a little -- it is certainly not my longsuit - Love your Valentines also - Blessings -- kathy - ga
    coutrychintz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! Did you have a pattern or did you make it up yourself? I'm sure I could find uses for this all round the house!!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...