Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pillow Parade!

Kari and Kijsa are hosting a wonderful pillow-themed day. Pillows are a great way to add colour and texture to a room. The above photo shows the pillows on our bed - I made the two white ones and the ones with buttons. Pillows are fast and fun to create, like miniature canvases.

Here's a more tailored pillow in the living room. It's a taffeta-type fabric with a sheen to it. The texture of the pintucks save it from being plain and boring. When I make pillows, I usually just make the covers so that I can pop them off and change them as I wish.

I have a chair in my front hallway on which I usually perch a pillow reflecting the seasons. I put away the Valentine-themed one today and pulled out this more spring-like number. Silk and chintz, lace and buttons, ribbon and felt are used in this one.

Don't forget to head on over to the Pillow Parade to check out the posts on Mr. Linky!
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

  1. Lorrie, these are just the cutest pillows! How adorable! If they disappear, you know a magpie has snagged them for her nest! ;-)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Happy Pillow Parade Tuesday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pillows...they are so versatile as decor. I love your little springtime pillow. And blue and white is a favorite color combination of mine..that heart pillow is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birdie pillow is so cute! I've been looking for some inspiration for felted pillows and I think I've found it. THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! The birdie pillow is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the parade!
    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pillows. All of them. The button ones and the bird is so cute and different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:38 AM

    Hi Lorrie! Oh, I love your pillows and you're very good! Love the blue and whites on your bed. I love the last one with the little apllicaid bird. I may have to steal, um, I mean borrow this idea! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bird pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just sending another comment since I left the last one on the wrong list. Still new at blogging.
    Enjoyed the pillows. I've got a patchy pillow project on my blog.
    later...
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pillows are justt beautiful! I love the pintuck. Did you use a Pfaff? or did you iron and sew? A nina's and vikings do not do pintucks like that. Sitting all pretty. I like to be able to take them off as well. You can change them out, store them, clean them...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pillows are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Like artwork for your sofa! ~ xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your button pillow is especially beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lorie, Your pillows are something else. I love them all. You are very creative! ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the blue and white pillows. So restful...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your idea of putting pillows out to reflect the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like your pillows!!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the blue & white pillows.. beautiful! thanks for sharing & have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you're heart pillow would win if this was a contest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...