Monday, March 30, 2009

Time for Pansies

Pansies are wonderful cool weather flowers. And cool is the kind of weather we're having. But the pansies hold up their cheerful faces in spite of it all.

I made this little flower bag last spring from a vintage linen napkin found at a thrift store. It's just big enough for a small glass jar that holds a few pansies, or some fresh herbs. I have it hanging in my kitchen, beside the sink. It's a bit of colour on a dull spring day. I added a few vintage buttons to add a little interest along the top.

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating my husband's birthday. Now it's back to regular life, which is also pretty wonderful.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lorrie
    The pansies are pretty. The flower bag is such a great idea.
    The garden shops here in Toronto still haven't got their flowers in. I'm so longing for the warm weather.

    I will be hosting along side Kari and Kijsa "Doors to Adore" Tuesday April 7th. It will be about outside front door decor. We're still getting it together. Come by and grab the button and join. Should be fun.

    Have a great day!
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh aren't you creative! I just love the happy faces on pansies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, pansies are a wonderful flower that really do have little faces!

    Kindredly, Lynne Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorrie,

    What a great idea- love that little bag. Pansies have always been one of my favorite flowers.

    I'm glad the BD celebration was wonderful.

    Have a blessed week.

    hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lorrie, Pansies are one of my favourite flowers, and you've displayed them so prettily in your flower bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again, I was thinking about you today, Lorrie, when I was shining up my pansy-themed bathroom. Because of course I remembered your cute flower bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

Life These Days

  I only listen to the radio while driving. Occasionally I'll sit in the driveway for a few moments to finish a segment. Last Saturday I...