Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Easter Eggs


"Nothing is so beautiful as spring - when weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush;
Thrush's eggs look little low heavens,
and thrush through the echoing timber does so rinse and wring the ear,
it strikes like lightning to hear him sing."
~Gerard Manley Hopkins


These eggs are of handpainted ceramic from Ecuador, South America. A close friend gave them to me during the time we lived there. I love their bright colours and smooth round shape.
I was looking at an egg the other day (don't ask me why...'cause I don't know) and thought about how eggs are so perfectly shaped. And so uniform. When I put the eggs into the egg tray in the refrigerator, they all feel pretty much the same.
Our world is ordered so wonderfully - God's creativity amazes me!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

kyllimarjaana said...

We have to wait weeks until spring will come .

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Eggs truly are amazing and yours are lovely!

Jade Creative said...

I love the combination of Greens and Blues together. Those are beautiful eggs.
Have a wonderful day!
Darlene

Britt-Arnhild said...

They are beautiful Lorrie.

Lynne Laura said...

Your eggs with moss is so inviting for Spring! Love your new background too!

Kindredly, Lynne Laura

kymber said...

Hi Lorrie,
I LOVE your beautiful eggs! The blues are so vibrant. I am a sucker for anything blue. What a wonderful Easter treat to bring out each year!

I love your new background and header. Very pretty blues.
Blessings,
Kymber

CA said...

I knew that poem would be by G. M. Hopkins as soon as I started reading it. Are we stuck in a rut?