Thursday, February 04, 2010

Valentine Swap Goodies

Today I came home from school (I'm subbing for a week) to find not just one, but TWO packages waiting for me. This first one is from Nerina. The aqua accents really pop against the red.
Trims, paper and mirror hearts, buttons - all kinds of crafty goodness! And the crocheted flowers are sweetly beaded and oh, so pretty. The picture hardly does them justice. Thank you, Nerina.
The next box is from Lynne Laura from A Romantic Nest. She also included a soft and sweet crocheted flower. It makes me want to dig out some yarn and crochet up a bunch.
Lynne Laura used a soft green to accent her goodies - the leaf and the wooden spool of thread make me think of spring. Tickets, tiny Valentines, beads and ribbon are sure to end up in a craft project soon. Thank you, Lynne Laura.


And a big thank you to Heather at Speckled Egg for hosting the swap. The matchboxes were fun to fill and easy to mail.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. It's been fun to take a peek with you into the matchbox. Miss Sandy at Quill Cottage also received (and sent) one and shared. I've been amazed by how much fits in there. And I also bought matchboxes today for little Valentine gifts. Blogland is so filled with fresh ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My... those matchboxes can sure hold a lot of tiny treasures.

    Neat to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aqua and red is one of my favorite combos. Someday, I'll have a room those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun!! I am going to have to participate in one of these swaps before long.

    Blessings,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Lorrie,

    WOW..you got lots of goodies for future projects. I am amazed at what all can fit into a matchbox.

    Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Bet that gets you in the Valentine's mood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun to see your matchboxes from Heather's swap...Love that blue & red color combination...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...