Thursday, June 27, 2013

New Doorways



We've been doing a little work on our side yard. By we, I mean Tim - I help by holding boards once in awhile, or offer design advice. It's not finished yet - there's lattice to install, and a finish to decide on, but I'm liking the look so far.
 

Here's the innovative gate pull - a rusty washer. I kind of like it. Just pull and the gate opens beautifully.

You probably all know that Google Reader is disappearing on July 1. It will be interesting to see what actually happens. Will it all go poof? If you don't want your favorite blogs to never again show up in your reader, you'll have to find another one. I've signed up for Feedly and find it very satisfactory. Others are using Bloglovin. Either way, there are just a couple of days left. 

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:38 AM

    What a beautiful door and I do like that pull too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doorway is absolutely wonderful.. Love it . Hugs judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like that door and the pull is such a great idea.have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new gate! The wrought iron peep hole window is really nice and the washer pull is perfect! I'm wondering about the google reader too. If you are on Feedly and if I go to Bloglovin' how do we connect? It's all a mystery to me. I haven't switched yet. Panic is setting in!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy...I thought I was too late to switch all my feeds over to feedly once they all disappeared yesterday but lo and behold I switched this morning and they found all the links and I'm a happy blogger again.
    Love the new gateway and the pull!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a Hobbit door! Love the design and the closer mechanism, LOL. I'm on Bloglovin' and it's working out pretty good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the peep hole in the gate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...