1. The tulips are almost done. These are the last, three beauties in a pot on the back deck. I'm convinced the squirrels got a lot of my bulbs because I know I planted more.
2. Peonies are coming! There are lots and lots of buds and I'm so looking forward to all the pink ruffly petals. But...it's only the beginning of May. So early, even for our climate.
3. And can you believe it - tiny green strawberries already forming. I noticed the flowers a week or more ago and again, I'm surprised at how early everything is growing. It makes me wonder what the summer holds.
4. These gorgeous cornflowers (centaurea montana) self seed in my garden and offer blooms throughout the growing season. This plant is in its first bloom and I was struck by the perfect geometry of the bud.
5. My full-time teaching stint ends tomorrow (Friday - I'm posting Thursday night). I've had to work to get my head around it. Part of me (the larger part) was hoping the teacher would decide to take the remainder of the year off and I could finish. I've grown attached to these students and will miss them. The other part of me (that I'm cultivating in my mind) is looking forward to spending some time with the little ones, gardening (the weeds are taking over), sewing and a host of other activities that have been set aside for the past three months.
I'll still be at the school from time to time. AP exams are happening over the next two weeks, and I'll be invigilating again.
The weekend approaches. We'll be taking a trip to the mainland and I'll tell you about it next week. Have a wonderful weekend!