1. Unrelenting grey drizzle has me longing for meals that warm me through. Chili fits the bill. Do you enjoy avocado with your chili? So yummy.
2. Our new bathroom light fixtures are installed and I'm pleased with them. They took awhile to arrive - we ordered them from a lighting shop and one arrived with the requested finish and the other without. I think we'll change the bulb wattage - they are very bright.
3. Here's another view of the main bath - finished other than the baseboard. We kept the same basic plan, but replaced all of the fixtures and cabinets. Now to add some colour.
4. Pink adds a cheery tone. The hostess set is pretty with its painted roses. I have two of these, given to me by my mother-in-law. The label says "made in Japan." Those are the last two cranberry shortbread cookies from my Christmas baking. The tablecloth is a vintage one, also from my mother-in-law's collection.
5. I had fun this week making a variety of pillow covers. These are samples for Home Ec. The students (Grade 8) will learn a bit of sewing - learning the machine and then creating one project. I'll teach them how to do an envelope-style cover and they will be required to do something creative with the front.
These are five things that have been filling my week with delight. Today (Friday) is the last day of the semester. Next week is exams and on February 1 we begin the second semester.
Linking to Five on Friday, hosted by Amy of Love Makes My Home.