Today's five will be quick.
1. Another photo from our beach walk last Sunday. I find the arrangement of detritus washed up by the waves endlessly fascinating.
2. Progress on the Granny Square quilt. Playing with the various combinations of fabrics is probably my favourite part. I don't think any two squares will be the same. And some, in the end, may not make it into the final quilt.
3. Recent reading. A Country Road, A Tree is a fictionalized account of Samuel Beckett's experiences during World War II, in France, working with the Resistance. It also focuses on his writing and how he distilled his words. I really liked it. Belgravia and Heirs and Graces were both enjoyable, quick and fairly predictable narratives great for relaxing reading in the evening.
I discover many of my books through recommendations on other blogs and others' reading lists. How do you decide what to read?
4. The grape ivy on the piano. I think I enjoy my indoor plants most in January. I love the green freshness they provide. This one needs repotting.
5. More reading, in my favourite spot in front of the fire. I discovered Britain and take it out of the library from time to time. It fuels my desire to return to the UK with stories of places that seem wonderfully interesting.
Linking with Five on Friday, hosted by Amy of Love Made My Home. I'll be reading the posts later today - now I'm off to work!