I'm just learning how to knit. For the past three Saturdays I've taken a class in making cables. Who knew it would be so simple? Our teacher was great! This is the scarf I made, out of a lovely merino/silk blend. So soft. I still need to block the scarf, then it will be ready for a Christmas gift. I just love the colour.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Learning to Cable
I'm just learning how to knit. For the past three Saturdays I've taken a class in making cables. Who knew it would be so simple? Our teacher was great! This is the scarf I made, out of a lovely merino/silk blend. So soft. I still need to block the scarf, then it will be ready for a Christmas gift. I just love the colour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogtober 3: Lingering in the Garden
The garden keeps showing off beautiful blooms day after day. I know that their time is short and I am cutting flowers with abandon, placin...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...

It doesn't look simple to me at all. I learned to knit as a little girl but never got past knit and purl. The scarf is a lovely pattern and color!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Lorrie! The colour is very pretty...your cables are wonderful. A very lovely Christmas gift!
ReplyDeleteHave fun knitting!
Hugs, Nancy
What a great first cable project, lovely color too!
ReplyDeleteLorrie, I am so glad you visited my blog , I am so gla you found me -Kathy-ga countrychintz.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteCable-ing? I'm so impressed!
ReplyDelete