August 7: Five Facts About Me
Oh dear. Do I go deep or shallow? Perhaps a mixture, I think, for this is supposed to be a "break." Here goes:
1. I am learning to be content. I'm more contented now than I was even 5 years ago.
2. Blue and white will always be my favourite colour combination.
3. I often push through fear to do the things I do. I've discovered that the worry often precedes the event/activity/project, and once I attend/set off/begin, the fears evaporate.
4. Being bored never happens.
5. Curiosity often motivates me.
August 8: sky
Endlessly changeable and fascinating.
August 9: happiness is...
Another tough one to nail down. Different things make me happy at different times. I think this is true for all people. It can be elusive, and like the sky, highly changeable.
My family brings me great happiness. When they are doing well, I am happy. The converse is also true.
I'm happy in my garden, even while pulling weeds.
Teaching makes me happy. Interacting with teenagers can be challenging, but I find them fascinating and funny. Their lives are ahead of them and I'm happy to have a minuscule part in preparing them for adulthood.
Reading. Hearing my grandchildren calling out "Nana." Cooking and eating. Laughing uproariously. Hugs. Playing jokes. Hiking. Holding hands. Sewing. Pink roses. Writing. Drawing. Being with friends. Sleeping. Swimming. A cold glass of water. Hydrangeas. The list could go on and on.