Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Moving Along

 


There are so many wonderful sights in this grand country of ours. We are seeing but a fraction, and our hearts and minds are full. I’ve been keeping a daily journal of our travels and it’s becoming difficult to absorb all of our little adventures. 

Above is a sea stack at Hopewell Rocks on the Bay of Fundy where the highest tides in the world occur. It was fun to wander around them at low tide. 

It seems we have a few sunny days followed by a stretch of cloudy and/or rainy ones. Today is one of the latter. We hiked in the rain and then came into our cozy warm home on wheels for hot tea and some chocolate. Outside just now I hear thunder. 

Tropical storm Lee is headed our way and we can expect more rain and wind. We are keeping an eye on the weather forecast and can leave in a hurry if things look more serious. 

Tomorrow we are headed to Prince Edward Island for a couple of days. Maybe some biking (depends on the rain) and hopefully a visit to Green Gables. 

Have a beautiful day. 

17 comments:

  1. Our kids went there with my daughter's MIL. They had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful sights you have seen, Lorrie. Some of the places you mention are familiar through the lovely blog called 'The Blessed Hearth'. Continue to explore the beautiful world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to go to Green Gables! I hope you have perfect weather. I've enjoyed following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorrie, I would like to meet for a walk but the weather will be the deciding factor. Thursday looks like a wet day. Friday may be a bit better. The prospect of Lee this weekend is looking bad but maybe not as bad as Fiona last September..I’ll be in contact again. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn M7:02 PM

    What a wonderful adventure. I hope you make it to Green Gable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your traveling style <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. We witnessed the high tide roaring in at the Bay Fundy - it took us completely by surprise - we had no idea it was about to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I do hope you visit Green Gables - it is something I have always wanted to do too. The sea stacks are so strange with the little forest on the top, and I have heard the Bay of Fundy is quite remarkable. Cheering you on your great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope everything goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:56 PM

    I hope the weather is such that you still can enjoy PEI. Hopefully tropical storm Lee doesn't impact you very much.
    GM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rainless travels vibes being sent you way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know you are enjoying every place you go. And I hope the storm stays out at sea! Take care and be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic adventure!
    I hope you make it to Green Gables.

    Hugs and blessings, Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear you’ve moved out of range of hurricane Lee. Stay safe. B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your post brings back all the good memories of our time on the east coast a few years back. Hope you missed the big storm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We visited PEI in 1991 with our kids. What a beautiful island! I will look for your photos when you post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

In the Evening Light

  The light behind the waving trees I see through my window is pale yellow. The kitchen is tidy; my tasks for the day are complete. I love t...