Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tablescape Thursday

Tea is my hot beverage of choice. Most afternoons I make myself a cup of tea and a little snack to carry me over until dinnertime. I usually eat it at the computer or while studying on the couch, but once in awhile I'm inspired to set a tray. It's me taking care of me.

Cut into wedges is the way I prefer eating apples. Gnawing my way around the core of an apple is fine for when I'm hiking, but at home or at school I prefer them cut. A triangle of cheese adds some protein and I'm set until dinner.

Flowers are pretty scarce in our yard just yet. Spring is barely beginning. But I clipped this single crocus for a tiny vase and added parsley for some greenery.

I believe these are called coffee trays - please correct me if I'm wrong. I have two of these. They were wedding presents given to my mother-in-law over 55 years ago. She gave them to me and I think they are beautiful. And oh, so practical! Since they are designed to hold a snack and a teacup they are wonderful for parties and just perching on the couch.

I love using these pretty things. And for more inspiration, click on over to Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.
Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

ellen b said...

Fabulous tea for one setting. I like the coffee trays. It will be interesting to see if anyone knows another name for them or if that's what they are called. What a great little snack!

Deb said...

Very pretty! I've seen these but wasn't looking to buy at the time. But if I ever run across them again I will. I've been inspired. Deb

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I love the roses on your dishes. Looks like a great afternoon snack. I've decided that if I have my afternoon tea in a pretty cup and a snack on a pretty plate then I'm more likely to eat something healthy, because the whole experience is satisfying.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

what a pretty tea break!

Kathy said...

I love your beautiful tea tray, Lorrie. The pink rose snack tray is divine! How wonderful that you actually use the things you cherish - I need to do that more!
xo...Kathy

xinex said...

I love your "taking care of you" tea setting. Pretty flowers and you cgave me an idea of using parsley on a vase. I have it growing in the garden and I hardly use it.

Mama said...

Hello Lorrie, your tray set up for tea and a snack is really pretty, the rose cup and plate are beautiful,enjoy your daily cuppa, Kathy.

B said...

Everything always tastes better when it is served from china, especially when it's such pretty china! And isn't it lovely to pamper yourself sometimes?

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

A lovely tea setting!

Domestic Designer said...

Looks lovely! The snack looks yummy too!

Jade Creative said...

Very pretty tray setting and looks yummy too.
Have a wonderful day!
Darlene

kyllimarjaana said...

Beautiful setting , and I think tasty too .

Janie's World said...

A woman must have designed those trays, because they are so perfect. Very pretty and special!

Zoey said...

I love your snack tray. I have a lot of those, but yours are the prettiest ones I have seen!

Alisa Lucas-Brown said...

This is so pretty! Just looking at it make me feel pampered. I haven't had tea for one in a very long time. I think I will add this to my list of priori"teas". The teacup and saucer are divine and your snack looks oh so good. Happy spring!
Alisa

Mari at Once Upon a Plate said...

Very, very pretty Lorrie!

I love "tea & toast" sets, and that one is gorgeous ~ thank you for inviting us into you home. It was a delightful visit! :)

Christi at A Southern Life said...

Very pretty, love the little green bird. The tray is beautiful. We always called them snack trays. I remember my mother using hers at parties.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Tablescape Thursday ~ Susan

Kim Chalfant said...

Just lovely & I don't drink tea. But I love to tea cups & saucers and your coffee tray & cup is even better. Love the roses on it.

Cass @ That Old House said...

So pretty, and what a lovely way to take your afternoon tea break. Cass

LdyDy said...

How relaxing! A slice of an apple and cheese is one of my favorites too! I love your china cup and serving dish...so pretty!

Mary said...

What a beautiful setting! It really does make a difference when you take the time to "pamper" yourself a little, doesn't it? LOVE the plate/cup cpmbp!

Brenda Leyland said...

I must add my happy sighs to this beautiful posting. I LOVE beautiful teacups, and alas, I'm realizing I don't reach for them as much lately. So you inspire me to remember!

BTW, a little side comment, when my wonderful hubby is in charge of making us tea one afternoon, I grin (and love it) when he is the one reaching for the china cups and bringing a little tray with tea and treats as I sit working at the computer.