Monday, March 16, 2009

Beaux Bijoux

I recently helped out a fellow blogger and Marie Antoinette fan with a fun project. In return she sent me these two boxes, prettily tied up with blue ribbons. They arrived this morning and I managed to take a photo before opening them up. What could they contain?

Gorgeous jewellry! Joy, from Cupid's Charm creates these beautiful works. This necklace is made up of tiny portraits of Marie Antoinette, each on a backing of a copy of a jewellry inventory from shortly after her death. The backs of the charms also have this inventory. Pearls and crystals add even more sparkle to this wonderful necklace. But wait, there's more!

I had mentioned to Joy that I was going to Europe this summer with my mom and my sister and that one item on our itinerary was a visit to Versailles. She sent along these necklaces for them to wear as well. I'll be seeing them at Easter and will give them their treasures then. And...we'll all wear them as we stroll through the gardens at Versailles and wander through the magnificent Hall of Mirrors. I've visited before but my mom and sister have not and I'm so excited to share it with them.

Go on over to Joy's site where you will find not only beautiful Marie Antoinette inspired jewellry but many, many other gorgeous items!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful and lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you know that I am just "losing my head" over these. I adore them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her jewelry, I just received a bunny bracelet! Your blue heart pillow below is so cute!

    Kindredly, Lynne Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...