Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Ready to Go!
Did you see this in Marie Claire Idees?
Here's my version. It's in black linen with free-hand embroidery done in a variegated 6-strand silk thread from Gloriana. My husband and I are going to France and Spain on June 4 and this will be my book-toting, water-holding, guidebook-stashing bag.
The original bag in the magazine was not lined. I lined mine (in white to make things easier to find) and added a zipper closure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogtober 2: Paintings of Domestic Scenes
Flowers in the Window by Carl Larsson I've long been an admirer of Carl Larsson's paintings of his home life. They are filled with...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...

I love this bag, you are obviously a talented needle woman and I'm sure it will provide good sevice on your wonderful holiday.
ReplyDeleteI do a lot of things by hit and miss and think - "nothing ventured, nothing gained." This bag was one of those things and I'm glad it turned out as a hit rather than a miss. I've plenty of those.
ReplyDeletebeautiful !!! your bag is even more beautiful than the original.
ReplyDeleteWish you a great trip !