Five on Friday: Delights of the Week
This week we've had WEATHER. Lots of it. Snow, wind, more snow, freezing rain, sunshine, wind, and more rain. Two no-school snow days.
1. I'm still delighting in the snow, although many people are getting thoroughly sick of it all. I admired the way the snow caught on one of the metal porch chairs, so delicately caught in the swirls and curlicues.
Our patio and back yard. It's been a long time since we've seen this much snow all at once.
The row of pots awaiting spring, each pot topped with fluffy snow meringue.
2. And then the sun came out. Blue sky. White snow, dark trees. Perfectly elegant.
3. The grandkids came over to play in our sloping back yard. Whee! Down they went.
Then trudge, trudge, back up again. They stayed for lunch, eaten in the living room because that's where the sun was shining in.
4. A snowy Valentine, caught in a tree. Love to you, it says.
5. Tim was up Island today at meetings, so I was on my own for dinner. Some sauteed vegetables, a bit of turkey sausage and cheese folded into an omelette and topped with chopped cilantro and green onion hit the spot, along with a little leftover coleslaw. What do you eat if you're on your own?
I watched a Father Brown mystery while I ate, and as the episode opened, I thought, "I know that place!" And I did - it was Sudeley Castle where we visited last summer. Such a beautiful place, where stories from the past lurk around every corner. How fun was that!
Weekend plans include celebrating a 3-year-old's birthday, baking Valentine's cookies, some house fluffing, and a Monday off for BC's Family Day long weekend.
Linking to Five on Friday, hosted by Amy of Love Made my Home.