Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Sand Castles


On Sunday afternoon the Bride-and-Groom-to-be drove up for a short visit. That evening, after a dinner of west coast shrimp bought off the boat, we wandered through the sand sculpture displays in Parksville. They are amazing works of art.



This was my favourite - a little girl reading a book with a world of castles, a knight in shining armour and a dragon behind her. And the words "She lived in a world of her own." That was me. My brother and sister say that their only memories of me as a child involve me with my nose in a book. I think they highly exaggerate, but I did and do love to read. I can easily lose myself for an hour, an afternoon, or an entire day in a book.


Just a bit more than a month until the wedding. Don't they look happy?


And what's more romantic than a stroll along the beach at sunset? My own sweetheart and I enjoyed it just as much as the bridal couple. It's fun to construct castles in the air together, dreaming of what might be.

7 comments:

  1. What a very happy couple!
    I dont think any of the sandcastles that I used to make ever looked like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, yes, this was as far as I got awhile ago...interrupted again! I think that it's very wise to show young couples that love can last and grow. Keep on being a good example. Beautiful beach scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll have to get up there to see those sandcastles. The ones in Harrison are quite fantastic each year too.
    What a good looking couple - not long to go for the big celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very happy! The time will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lorrie,

    AMAZING! I would love to see those sandcastles up close.
    Your daughter and fiance look very happy and very much in love.
    I have missed so many posts. Happy Anniversary to you and hubby. CONGRATS on your first grandchild. Girl, you are in for a treat. I only wish mine were still close by.

    Big hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures...the sunset is just gorgeous.
    Your daughter is so sweet. Such a beautiful smile.

    Enjoy your weekend
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. In sincerely hope you and your sweetheart continue to enjoy a stroll on the beach at sunset. You can't have given up?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

On a Morning in Spring

  "Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush;" Gerard Manley Hopkins I awoke in t...