Monday, April 14, 2008

Sewing Treasure

 

My husband's grandmother did amazing needlework. She was born in 1900 and died about 1988. I don't have much of her handiwork, but I treasure this sweet celluloid doll. It's a sewing box, small enough to hold just a few precious items.

 

The skirt divides to reveal 3 tatting shuttles, two celluloid and one metal.

 

A bit of tatting started by Grandma. Do any of you tat? It's something I would like to attempt one day.

I wrote this post on Friday and tried posting it, to no avail. So my brilliant words were lost and these are the replacement.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love celluloid pieces. Your sewing box is something to behold, and very special. I have one that encases lipstick in the form of a mermaid. Goes very well in my china cabinet with my other goodies from the sea. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Bit of This and That

  Off in the distance Mount Baker, in the USA, gleams in the sunlight. My best guess is that it's about 100 km away as the crow flies. T...