Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Something Simple

 


As a toddler, my husband received this silver fork and spoon from his grandparents. His name is engraved on the handles. Rather than let the pieces languish in a drawer, I found a shadowbox, covered the back with coffee-coloured moiré fabric and mounted the cutlery with a little hot glue.

I'm all for simple and this is it. Hanging on the dining room wall next to a framed piece of tatting, this speaks to me of family, of heritage and of beloved people passed into the next life.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. What a nice idea and the cherry blossom is gorgious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It is so charming...Kathy@ Mimi's Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your spoon and fork are so precious. I did the same thing for each of my children with their silverware. Theirs had their name on the handles. I also put a picture of them in the high chair eating spaghetti! Both of them loved it. I love the items made with heirloom stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you :) There are a few things I should be taking out of drawers and putting on display too

    ReplyDelete
  5. The knife and fork mounted is the most precious thing I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing your idea. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a marvelous idea! I love it! I see some version of this in my future!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

Life These Days

  I only listen to the radio while driving. Occasionally I'll sit in the driveway for a few moments to finish a segment. Last Saturday I...