Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Before and After

Before...Two walls in the living/dining room (L-shaped) were painted a deep navy blue. I loved it, especially in the winter time. The colour provided drama and a sense of coziness. But after 5, almost 6 years, I was ready for a change.
 


After...The week before Easter we painted the navy walls the same pale blue colour as the other walls.

 


I really like the light, airy feeling in the room. It looks so much bigger! In a way, though, the room has lost some of its drama. That's okay, but I'm considering a few other changes to compensate.

I also had a bunch of gold-framed prints hanging on the walls. I took those down and repainted them black, except for the one leaning on the mantel. It has some black marbling in it. I repaint picture frames all the time - why purchase new? I paint the mats as well, although some consider that heresy.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting me Lorrie! I love your new paint. It is so nice and springlike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the tradeoffs of the drama of a dark color vs the airyness of a light color- my bedroom is pumpkin colored and I love it in the fall and winter, but now, come spring, I'm thinking I might like a nice cool pale blue, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a difference a color makes. I love the light and airy feeling of the mantle too.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new walls, although the navy ones were lovely too. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a wonderful comment. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorrie,

    Thanks so much for your prayers for my friend. Your dark blue wall was lovely, but I love the lightened version too. It feels like spring. I must say that I am so intrigued by your artwork... the street or alley, the gate, and the beautiful sunflowers with irises... all lovely and all so different.

    Blessings,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lorrie
    Today is your parcel with the magazines arrived.What for a surprise
    for me.Two greatly magazines and one so jazzier spring banner.I can it not
    take.Thank you very much!!!I'm so happy!Thank you Lorrie!!!
    Your new paint looks very beautiful.
    I think it's perfect for the Spring.
    This blue flower is one of your last post is also one of my favorites.I have this flower also in my garden,but in little.
    Have a nice day Regina

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does look nice and restful.
    Happy Birthday to Hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

Life These Days

  I only listen to the radio while driving. Occasionally I'll sit in the driveway for a few moments to finish a segment. Last Saturday I...