Christmas presents this year were started early - last spring. Tim made four sets of nesting tables, each set with three tables, for each of our three children, and one set for ourselves. It was all a big secret, but a pile of 48 legs lying around does raise some eyebrows. The children were told not to ask questions. I think they were surprised at the big reveal on Christmas Eve.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Someone Else's Projects
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogtober 8: Home Comforts
Yesterday morning I opened the door at 7 am to go for a walk, and almost tripped over a parcel lying on the mat. What a delight to receive...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...
These are beautiful. Tim is very talented. I wish I was one of your children, but I'm way too old!
ReplyDeleteTim is amazingly gifted! What beautiful heirlooms he's created for his family to enjoy. Which set is yours?
ReplyDeleteHow clever they are beautiful and especially as I am sure much love went into the making of them.
ReplyDeleteThe cards for your shop are special too.
lovely and such a great idea..
ReplyDeleteThose are just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteManuela
What a beautiful gift to your children and yourselves. Future family heirlooms. I hope you'll post a photo of how your're using yours.
ReplyDeleteNow those are treasures! Lucky kids...lucky you. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThey're fabulous. You've created what I'm sure will become family heirlooms one day.
ReplyDeleteHi Lorrie - what amazing gifts! I've just done a post with final questions for the Magazine Swappers. Could you pop over and let me know what you think, please?
ReplyDeleteHi Lorrie...Wow, these are just gorgeous! Such a lovely gift from a very talented Dad...although I am sure you had a little hand in it?...
ReplyDeleteWishing you the best.
Hugs, Nancy
Lorrie, these are just wonderful. I have a set of antique nesting tables, but they are very unsturdy. I have to be careful what I put on them. Yours are so beautiful and look very sturdy. What a treasure you and your children will have!
ReplyDeleteChristi