There was little definition between sea and sky this morning at Island View Beach. Fog made everything mysterious. I had an appointment not too far from the beach and decided to walk on the paths there before returning home.
A couple of Great Blue Herons stood in the water. If you look closely you can see that the above bird has caught something and is beginning to devour it. Herons remain still for so long and then their long necks dart out and bam, there's breakfast!
The high-pitched cry of gulls of various types filled the air as they flew past, landed on thin strips of exposed beach as the tide rolled in before lifting off en masse to land somewhere else. It was a very monotone morning looking out to sea.
Hawthorn berries are at their best just now. Abundant berries can mean a harsh winter ahead, or, more probably, good growing conditions during the summer. The birds will enjoy them and I love seeing their brightness as the landscape dulls.
Cobwebs beaded with dew stretch among the bushes. I really hate walking between trees first thing in the morning in case I run into a cobweb across a path. If you see a woman waving her hands in front of her face as she walks, it's likely yours truly.
I made a Roasted Tomato soup today that was very good. I'll post the recipe on my other blog later. The tomato harvest is almost done and it's been such a good one. I still have a half-dozen or so large tomatoes to use, and a few more that are ripening.
Cheerful zinnias continue to delight me with their bright colours. They last well in a vase indoors.
Today we took our pickup truck in for inspection (needed because we brought it in from another province), and got it all registered and insured in BC. So that's done. Tomorrow I must renew my driver's licence which shouldn't take too long.
And that's a wrap for blogtober 6!








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.