Thursday, April 09, 2009
Quick and Easy
I've long admired Charlotte Lyons' style. Her projects have a simple elegance that appeals to my "not-too-shabby" homey look. She's recently posted several wonderfully easy projects on her blog. Yesterday I found time to make one of them. It's an egg-shape, wrapped in strips of torn muslin (I used some eyelet fabric I had).
I couldn't find an egg-shaped anything in my vast stash of crafting supplies, but I did have a few blocks of oasis. So I carved a couple of egg shapes from the oasis - and voilĂ - the rest of the stuff came from here and there in my stash as well. It was a nice creative break in the midst of essay writing that seems to never end!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogtober 3: Lingering in the Garden
The garden keeps showing off beautiful blooms day after day. I know that their time is short and I am cutting flowers with abandon, placin...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...

oh..I love the look...I will check out her blog...
ReplyDeleteYou did good....
Deby