Saturday, September 26, 2009
Lingering Summer
September has been a beautiful month, full of hot days and cool nights, sunshine and flowers! Yes, my flowers are still going strong, in fact, the delphiniums are blooming again, as is the lavender. I went out this morning and took time to smell the beautiful roses. I cut this bunch of lavender for drying to use in some sachets.
I'm spending today doing some sewing and crafting - hopefully I'll have something to show soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogtober 3: Lingering in the Garden
The garden keeps showing off beautiful blooms day after day. I know that their time is short and I am cutting flowers with abandon, placin...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...

Love your photo. Always love flowers in purple.
ReplyDeleteWe'll we looking forward to seeing what you've been up to in the sewing and crafting department.
Happy Day!
I just re-read your September 21st post. Thank you again. It is not only beautiful, but inspiring.
ReplyDeleteNow I'm looking at your lavender and thinking (enter jealousy, not a very attractive or charitable sentiment I admit): "Hers are much more purple/mauve than mine, maybe I better rush out and cut my winter bouquets."
What do you think? I hope it's not too late. All I know is yours are prettier than mine.
All the best,
Tish
I am so enjoying this weather..I want to soak up all the warm rays of the sun..good luck on your sewing. take care..
ReplyDeleteHi Lorrie,
ReplyDeleteThat lavender is really pretty. I can't wait get some flower gardens established here at the farm. It would be nice to have fresh colorful fragrant bouquets occasionally.
Thanks for sharing