Five on Friday
1. Yellow and grey is a fairly popular colour combo in decorating recently. I like it, although I don't have much yellow in my home. On our Pender Island jaunt last weekend, I noticed lichens of bright yellow and pale grey set against the darker grey of the rocks. You can't beat Nature for great colour schemes.
2. A short walk up the hill from where we stayed was this tiny, cute Anglican Church. I love the crisp white trim against the grey siding and the black door. What fun it would be to attend a service at this little church set among the forest.
3. Lilacs are in full bloom. Along our walking route stands an abandoned lilac bush. We clip a few branches and walk home in the unusually warm and soft air. As the branches swing gently in my hand the sweet fragrance rises on the evening air. Into a vase they go and stand now on the living room mantel, beautiful in sight as well as scent.
4. We've been enjoying such wonderful weather this week - a veritable summer! One day I planned to take Little Miss A on an outing to the cupcake shop. She told me, "I want to go to the beach. It's so sunny and warm." So to the beach we went. It's a smart three-year-old who'll choose digging in the sand and wading (with shoes and socks) in the ocean over a cupcake.
5. Yogurt cake. Basic vanilla, but so adaptable if you want something more. I made one yesterday and served it with raspberry sauce made from berries frozen last summer. It's time to use up last year's fruit for in just a few months the berries will be fresh again. (I'll attempt getting a recipe up this weekend.)
Weekend plans? Nothing firm at this point. If the weather cooperates (cooling rain is forecast) I'll plant a few more seeds and do more weeding. If not, well, there's a house to clean and projects to sew. The days pass by without me feeling the least bit bored. Any exciting plans for you?