Hodge Podge for the First Time
Every week, Joyce, of From This Side of the Pond, comes up with some interesting questions for bloggers to answer on their own blogs, and then post a link in her blog so we can all read the answers. I've read Hodge Podge posts for some time and thought I'd take part occasionally. So here goes - the questions are Joyce's, the answers mine.
1. Can you tell I'm embracing a Cinco de Mayo theme here this week? Do you like Mexican food? What's your favorite dish? How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo?
I really like Mexican food. A lot. Fish tacos would be my favourite dish. I'm not as fond of the side dishes of beans and rice. Medium heat, please. We don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo here, but I might make pizza, since it's a Friday and a granddaughter will be spending the night.
2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to visit? Can you speak Spanish?
Mexico is a wonderful place to visit in January or February when our local climate is dreary and cold. We've been several times, on holiday. I'd like to return to the Mexican Riviera. Yes, I can speak Spanish.
3. What's one thing you may accomplish this month?
This month, I may get my garden in, if the sun decides to shine and warm up the dirt.
4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what's one thing you'd like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you've ever seriously considered?
I've never considered serving in public office. No interest at all. But I can certainly run the world from my living room!
5. What's something that may be popular, but that you just don't get?
Cold shoulder tops, books with covers torn off as decor, raw fish sushi.
6. Can't let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in 'May the 4th be with you' ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 'I've seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year', and 1 being, 'what's a Vader?' -where do you land?
I've watched Star Wars and enjoy the movies, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan. Maybe a 2 on the scale.
7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time?
I was surprised to see that my fourth blog post (10 years ago) referenced Susan Branch. It was a link to an interview done on another blog. And I'm still a fan of her artwork, books and blog.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Many of my thoughts are random. It's hard to choose one from the whirl in my head. So here is a thought from Audrey Hepburn:
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others;
For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness;
and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
For more Hodge Podge answers, visit Joyce's blog.