Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Moments of Calm

 


My days have been full to exhaustion. I took on a short term teaching position - two classes of grade 8 French - for a teacher who is out on surgery leave. I'll be teaching until the end of January. I love it, but adding another job to my already busy life has proven, uh, challenging. I'm learning that there are some things that can be let go. That's hard for my tendency is to perfection. And I'm learning to savour small moments of calm - like taking a few minutes to sit in my peaceful living room watching a flickering candle.

In the midst of busy days, I'm learning more about David's reminder in the Psalms, "Be still and know that I am God."
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:41 PM

    Be still and know that I am God - that's an important lesson to learn. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...