Tuesday, December 09, 2008
1. the smell of balsam fir from the tree
2. a cup of fragrant hot tea sipped slowly
3. the dull light outside my window that turns the world into shades of grey
4. kissing my husband goodbye before he leaves for work
5. the prospect of getting my hair cut this afternoon
6. a tidy kitchen
How about you? What small things are you treasuring today?
December begins, and with it, preparations and celebrations. A week ago we attended a performance by The Tenors , a wonderful spectacle of...
I was given a beautiful vaseful of flowers at Tim's retirement party a couple of weeks ago. The flowers lasted and lasted, and this we...
In the very bottom left of the map above you will see a pink island with a small dot labelled Victoria. That's where we live. For a nu...
If the lilacs are in bloom, it must be early May. A couple of days of warmer temperatures followed by a day of softly drenching rain has c...