Small Summery Treats
"One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats."
These are busy days. The end of school approaches and I am called in to teach more frequently. You would think the opposite; but no, I've been working more in June than I did in April. Classes end this week, so the end is in sight.
The garden burgeons with life. Beautiful flowers, like the peonies seen above. Weeds grow, too and need yanking. Vegetables like their weekly dose of fish fertilizer.In the house, cooking takes a little more thought and planning as Casey and his wife are staying with us while he recuperates from his accident.
When I find myself feeling overwhelmed by daily tasks, Iris Murdoch's words come to mind, and I make it a point to find the small treats in each day. Here's a short list of my summer treats. I'd love it if you added yours in the comments sections. What little things bring you happiness?
* a walk around my garden - smelling the roses, admiring the herbs, encouraging the vegetables to grow
* a cuddle with one of my darling granddaughters
* an evening walk with my husband
* savoring a square of dark chocolate
* arranging flowers in a vase
* reading a chapter in a good book
* a glass of cold water with lemon and mint
* going to the ocean and feeling the sand between my toes
Joining with Mary for Mosaic Monday.