Sunday, March 27, 2022

Flowers, Family, and Ferries

 


We planted a camellia bush last spring and this year we are enjoying plentiful pink blooms. The bush has one very tall stalk, but after it flowers, I think it needs to be pruned into shape. I always hate cutting plants back, but I've learned that they flourish when I do. 
 

I had a lot of fun with Iris and Cora this week. They stayed with us overnight while their parents enjoyed some time on their own. These girls love, love, love being outdoors - we took a number of walks, and they ran around the back yard. Cora loves muscari. I think it's the texture of the little balls on the flowers that she liked, because she gently squished every one she could get her hands on. And then she tried eating them! I did check and they are not toxic. 


We spent some time on the ferry this weekend, going to Abbotsford to visit my parents. Skies were cloudy and there was a bit of rain. I love all the layers of sea and islands, mountains, and clouds that characterize this landscape. 


A little walk with my parents. 

While driving through Abbotsford, sometimes called Abby, I got a giggle at a sign that read "Downtown Abby." It's a firm of lawyers. Such a clever take on the popularity of Downton Abbey, don't you think?


More cherry blossoms, as promised. Some trees are greening up while others are barely budding. I'm glad there are so many varieties that bloom early and late to extend the season. 

One more week of spring break, and Tim's taking a week of vacation, too. There will be some hiking involved, and a little trip, and a birthday celebration for Tim. 

Wishing you a week filled with lovely moments. They are there to be found even in the midst of troubled times. 

19 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of the youngest and oldest family members. Your parents look healthy and active.
    I too love the photo of the landscape and ferry. There's a very special atmosphere.
    Flowers...such delicate, pretty flowers. Here it's snowing and after a week or two of sunny, relatively warm weather, we are back in full winter.
    Thank you for your comment on my blog post and your answer to my question about the salad!
    Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those moody grey skies. Glad you had time with your parents and grandchildren. The blossom and camellias are wonderful at the moment. Enjoy your week. B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos of your grandchildren and your parents are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Early Birthday Tim!
    Your grands know good health in loving the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lot of enjoyment in hiking with the young ones and the elders! Love the picture of the ferry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for both of you getting vacation at the same time (and on a birthday week too, how perfect). Sweet to see pictures of the younger and older generations and so lovely you can spend time with both (lucky them, lucky you!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely family photos...

    And of Spring blossoming in your area.

    🌸🌱🌷🌱🌺🌱🌼🌱🌸

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photo of your adorable grandgirlies!! So cute that Cora tried eating the muscari.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a camellia bush now and sure love it! How nice to spend time with family and walk together. Enjoy this week too and the fun you have planned! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a sucker for puns, so "Downtown Abby" would make me giggle too.

    Happy Birthday to Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like the beginning of spring has been quite lovely with grandchildren and parent time, plus time outdoors. Enjoy vacation time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. One day I really must ride a ferry in your area - it always looks so beautiful, and what a nice way to visit your parents. They look very active. A pink camellia is a winner with me, always gorgeous. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful images. Those little girls are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling picture of your little grandgirls! I'm sure you all spent some happy moments together. I also love the photo of your parents and that they are holding hands as they walk! Hope you enjoy the remaining days of spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the beautiful photos of your parents and grandkiddos.

    How wonderful that you can spend time with both.

    Happy Tuesday, Lorrie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun to be with Iris and Cora. I know they keep you busy, but being outdoors is always a good thing. Your parents look so cute walking hand in hand. My beloved and I always were holding hands. Your camellia is a beauty, Lorrie! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet photos of the girlies. I also really like the shot you got of the other ferry. The photo of your parents is precious. How nice that you could visit them. Chuckling about Downtown Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful camellia and blossom all a very pretty pink. And what a pleasure to have your two gorgeous grand children with you, they looked real cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lorrie, your little ones are precious. It is wonderful that you can keep them from time to time and really enjoy them. We have snow this morning, so spring has not come to our mountains yet but it will soon. I love your photo of the ferry, your area is simply spectacular. Enjoy your spring break!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Bit of This and That

  Off in the distance Mount Baker, in the USA, gleams in the sunlight. My best guess is that it's about 100 km away as the crow flies. T...