Monday, June 09, 2008

Rather tired...


after a celebratory week. On Wednesday Ashley's convocation was held, Thursday my parents arrived and on Saturday we held an open house to celebrate Ashley's accomplishment! So much fun!
I glued old maps to thin pieces of wood, applied quotations to the maps and clipped on photographs of the graduate with mini-clothespins. Propped on the mantel and tables, they were fun and added a personal touch. This photo is of Ashley and her father, also known as the Handyman Husband.


Ashley (right) and her friend Sheryl. Ashley has a Bachelor of Science in Linguistics and Sheryl a Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics (with distinction). And now these two friends are off on a great adventure - a five-week trip to Estonia, Finland and Sweden. They are in the air over Canada as I write, my heart flying along behind them.

Posted by Picasa


And here's the traveler/graduate doing some last minute sewing (or unsewing) before leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...