Thursday, June 26, 2008
Queenly Thoughts
I made this card for a friend from Victoria (the magazine) forums. It features a copy of an image of Queen Victoria as a young girl. The quotation reads, "Great events make me quiet and calm; it is only trifles that irritate my nerves."
Isn't that the truth? I know I often get flustered and caught up on miniscule things, things I need to learn to leave behind. When something major happens, what's important tends to come to the fore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogtober 10: Women in the Kitchen
The Maid in the Kitchen by Anna Ancher A lot of my day was spent in the kitchen, preparing for tomorrow's dinner. I've done everyt...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...

Simply beautiful and very befitting a Victoria mag devotee!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Christi
Amen!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card you made. You know I love my Victoria, so glad it is back.
Have a blessed weekend.
Barb
What a beautiful card, Lorrie :)
ReplyDelete