Monday, June 23, 2008
Lavender and Linen
"best among the good plants for hot, sandy soils are the ever blessed lavender and rosemary, delicious old garden bushes that one can hardly dissociate." Miss Jekyll Home and Garden 1900
I clipped some lavender this morning and tied it up in a linen napkin with a bit of green velvet ribbon. Lying on the cabinet in the front hallway, a slight waft of its perfume rises as I climb the stairs. I'm not a huge fan of lavender scent - too much gives me a headache, but I think it so pretty I'll risk it.
In the winter it freshens the linen closet and I hope to make some sachets or lavender wands for that purpose. My favourite scent is that of roses, or lemons, how about you? How do you scent your home?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogtober 8: Home Comforts
Yesterday morning I opened the door at 7 am to go for a walk, and almost tripped over a parcel lying on the mat. What a delight to receive...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...

Lavender and Roses! They are my very favorites!! I will have to try that rose syrup recipe below.
ReplyDeleteNancy
I just picked a bunch of Lavender today too. I plan to dry it for my winter wardrobes.
ReplyDeleteI can get a headache from too strong a scent of Lavender too and yet it can relieve headaches too.