Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer Art Journal

I've always wanted to begin an art journal and Teresa's latest e-zine gave me the impetus to do just that. It's been a lot of fun, frustrating sometimes when a technique doesn't go the way I planned it to. I've been tempted to stop, but have pushed through and completed them and learned much in the process. And I'll use the techniques over and over. I tell myself, it doesn't have to be perfect, this is learning.
These particular pages are my favourites so far.




I love the blues and yellows. I was in a rather pensive mood when I did this - with a lot of things on my mind. And as I splashed paint, glued paper, wrote words and doodled, a sense of peace came to me and the feeling of being untangled. A lovely sensation.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Amazingly beautiful. I think blues and yellows together -- particularly these hues -- is one of the most pleasing color combinations. These pages are really true works of art, Lorrie. Thanks for sharing...

    Blessings,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea and how well you have done it. I doubled clicked and got to read all the words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sense of accomplishment and what a great idea. You did a marvelous job. I love your colors.
    I got your pm from vic. Hehe-we do have more in common.

    Is your daughter still in Finland?

    hugs to you,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. how pretty, I like the music notes at the bottom!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Bit of This and That

  Off in the distance Mount Baker, in the USA, gleams in the sunlight. My best guess is that it's about 100 km away as the crow flies. T...