Saturday, February 23, 2008
I can hardly wait...
Spring is on the way. The quality of light has changed - there's a lightness in the air and faint stirrings in the brown garden beds. Tulips, daffodils and hyacinths are poking their heads above ground. Forsythia and rose bush stems swell and will soon burst forth with new life.
I have plans for my garden - some plants need to be moved and I can do that any time now. I want to fill in some blank spaces with shrubs that will add texture all year round.
I've been tagged by Regina. Here are the rules:
1. Once you are tagged,link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let know they have been tagged.
Hmmm, 7 weird or random facts about myself - it shouldn't be difficult, but how much do I want to reveal? Here goes:
1. I love to read - mysteries, adventure, spy, biography, inspirational, how-to, essays - I'll read almost anything.
2. My three children were born in a small mission hospital in the South American jungle. My husband and I worked for a Christian mission organization.
3. I absolutely HATE being cold.
4. There is a textured ceiling in our bedroom and in the mornings I wake up slowly and look at the ceiling. I've found all sorts of weird and wonderful characters there. My favourite is the outline of a donkey with a party hat! My husband can see them when I point them out to him, so I'm not entirely loony.
5. I rarely use recipes when I cook, except for ideas. I call it "cooking by grace, not law." And I love to cook! When asked for recipes I have a hard time giving them because I always change something. Baking is another story - I follow those recipes!
6. Hardly a day goes by when I don't eat chocolate. Dark.
7. I'm willing to try almost any hand-work - I love to create.
And now to tag people....
Christi from Charm and Grace
Angela at Cottage Magpie
Lilli who writes Make Mine Blissful
And since many people have already been tagged, I'll stop there. But if you haven't been tagged and would like to share a little bit about yourself with your readers, please blog about it and leave a comment and I'll mention it.
Here we are on the cusp of another month. I love the image above, done by Jody Bergsma. All the symbolism that points towards the birth o...
Last Thursday was my last day of classes and Friday I cleaned out my desk. There was a socially distanced morning tea where my colleagues ...
This morning I looked out of my bedroom window at 6:30 am to see the fat gold full moon shining over the Sooke Hills. Each day is a bit lo...
Presented with a day off work (Canada Day), Tim suggested we invite some friends for dinner. Two quick phone calls and everything was set....