Saturday, February 23, 2008

I can hardly wait...

 


Spring is on the way. The quality of light has changed - there's a lightness in the air and faint stirrings in the brown garden beds. Tulips, daffodils and hyacinths are poking their heads above ground. Forsythia and rose bush stems swell and will soon burst forth with new life.
I have plans for my garden - some plants need to be moved and I can do that any time now. I want to fill in some blank spaces with shrubs that will add texture all year round.

I've been tagged by Regina. Here are the rules:

1. Once you are tagged,link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let know they have been tagged.

Hmmm, 7 weird or random facts about myself - it shouldn't be difficult, but how much do I want to reveal? Here goes:

1. I love to read - mysteries, adventure, spy, biography, inspirational, how-to, essays - I'll read almost anything.
2. My three children were born in a small mission hospital in the South American jungle. My husband and I worked for a Christian mission organization.
3. I absolutely HATE being cold.
4. There is a textured ceiling in our bedroom and in the mornings I wake up slowly and look at the ceiling. I've found all sorts of weird and wonderful characters there. My favourite is the outline of a donkey with a party hat! My husband can see them when I point them out to him, so I'm not entirely loony.
5. I rarely use recipes when I cook, except for ideas. I call it "cooking by grace, not law." And I love to cook! When asked for recipes I have a hard time giving them because I always change something. Baking is another story - I follow those recipes!
6. Hardly a day goes by when I don't eat chocolate. Dark.
7. I'm willing to try almost any hand-work - I love to create.

And now to tag people....

Christi from Charm and Grace
Angela at Cottage Magpie
Lilli who writes Make Mine Blissful

And since many people have already been tagged, I'll stop there. But if you haven't been tagged and would like to share a little bit about yourself with your readers, please blog about it and leave a comment and I'll mention it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lorrie !

    I've done the tag and posted it!

    BTW, I LOVELOVELOVE "The Blue Castle". I never read anymore because I've got too many other things I prefer to do, but as a teenager I must've read it about 10 times!

    It was a beautiful sunny day here too. Have a lovely Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorrie! So funny about the little animals you find in your ceiling. I do the same thing.

    I cannot wait for spring either. Luckily we've had fabulous weather lately so I am getting a sneak peek!

    Happy Week to you!

    Blesings,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Lorrie, I am all done. That was a fun activity, and I really did manage to remember some very random things about myself. And, I enjoyed reading yours... it's always fun to learn new things about my blog buddies.

    Blessings,

    Christi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Bit of This and That

  Off in the distance Mount Baker, in the USA, gleams in the sunlight. My best guess is that it's about 100 km away as the crow flies. T...