Sunday, February 10, 2008
Sunday Hike
The rain let up for a bit this afternoon so my husband and I headed out for a hike. It was 3:30 when we parked the car and we moved at a fairly fast pace, arriving at Squally Reach in about 45 minutes. It was a bit of a workout! The view is spectacular. Unfortunately, I had forgotten the camera. This picture, of the same area, was taken last summer, on a cloudy day. It looked much the same today - all blues and greens melting into each other with a shimmer of water. So beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday: A Simple Woman's Daybook
September is dressing herself in a show of dahlias and splendid marigolds and starry zinnias. Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. After weeks and...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...

What a breathtaking view!
ReplyDeleteOK, I am the tiniest bit jealous that you live so close to a view like this! Wow! And, I love that you changed your homepage pic to the three heart stones. Heart stones from all over the world, how perfectly symbolic for Valentine's Day.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Christi
Charm & Grace Blog
The higher up one goes, the closer to heaven one gets...
ReplyDeleteHugs Karla
Beautiful lake and so close to home. So frustrating when one finds a beautiful scene and camera is at home. How often I do that.
ReplyDeleteYour journal cover is precious.
Like the idea of collecting sea glass. Ihave only ever done it with stones.