Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Write It Down
I once heard Elisabeth Elliot say that a person doesn't really know what she's thinking until she writes it down. I find that true. When I write in my journals, I clarify what I think - I bring my thoughts together into some sort of cohesive (or sometimes incoherent) mass.
When I take the time to write down ideas of things to make, recipes to try, projects to complete, I find the very act of writing stimulates me to think of even more ideas.
And I refer back to my journals - they are more than diaries, they are the developing story of who I am.
I've never decorated a journal before - this is my first, but it won't be my last. So much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday: A Simple Woman's Daybook
September is dressing herself in a show of dahlias and splendid marigolds and starry zinnias. Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. After weeks and...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
I slipped out of the house a bit earlier this morning just as the sun in the east reflected pink light on the clouds in the west. It was a...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.