Tuesday, February 05, 2008
To a Snowdrop
My daughter said she saw snowdrops through her window so I went out this morning. Oh yes! Delicate white sleepy blossoms nod in the chilly morning. A sign of hope...spring is coming!
"Nor will I then thy modest grace forget
Chaste snow-drop, venturous harbinger of Spring
And pensive monitor of fleeting years!
(William Wordsworth)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday: A Simple Woman's Daybook
September is dressing herself in a show of dahlias and splendid marigolds and starry zinnias. Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. After weeks and...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
I slipped out of the house a bit earlier this morning just as the sun in the east reflected pink light on the clouds in the west. It was a...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...

Loveley snowdrops.I love it.
ReplyDeleteHugs Regina
Snowdrops already? I'll have to keep an eye out for some here!
ReplyDelete