Friday, February 01, 2008

Words to Ponder

 


Kindness is highly underrated in our modern society. For too long we as a culture have stressed getting ahead by any means, thinking of number one, and success equals power or money. Kindness, on the other hand, thinks of others, is sensitive to needs and doesn't worry about success.

I need to show more kindness in my life. And it's listed as one of the fruits of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23..."But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, self-control."
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lorrie,

    This reminds me of a song by Jewel. I don't know the name of the song but some of the words are "only kindness matters in the end".

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:07 AM

    Important words on beautiful paper art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful art hanging.
    Happy semi-retirement.
    Dry stone walls, you know I never think of them in France only here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:03 AM

    Shirl,

    The song is called 'hands', it's very pretty.

    'kindness is the greatest wisdom'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:24 PM

    Thanks Eleanor. And thanks Lorrie for posting the recipes too.

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Eleanor, for the song title and for visiting my blog.
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...