Friday, July 11, 2008

Back Home again

She's back after her European Adventure! Here she is at dinner on the deck last night, showing off her amazing Estonian cap that's a hat and scarf all in one. A little warm for the weather, but cute. She had a wonderful time and I'm loving hearing about all her experiences.


We were away for a few days on our sailboat Journey. We explored a few of the Gulf Islands (just north of the San Juan Islands). They are the same group of islands, but some belong to Canada, others to the USA. They are all incredibly beautiful.
This photo shows an underwater sandy beach off Wallace Island. I just love the textures of rocks, trees, water, grass. We hiked, ate well, read, sat and enjoyed the sunshine and thoroughly relaxed. I spent a lot of time drinking in the beauty around me in huge, quenching gulps.


Perhaps there is a Big Foot! Doesn't this rock imprint look like a footprint? It's huge compared to ours.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! I know you are so happy (love that hat but can't think about it right now... 90 degrees here.) And that footprint is very interesting... hmmm... maybe a Yeti isn't so far fetched after all.

    :-) Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy your daughter is back home safe and sound.

    That footprint is kind of scary. It looks huge.

    enjoy your weekend,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:57 PM

    love the name of your sailboat!

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up on all you fun and very different posts.
    Looks like a great holiday in a wonderful place.
    Your daughter looks so like you.
    Like your boat very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your daughter is back safely at home. Sounds like she had a wonderful time...love the hat/scarf!

    So glad you could get away for a little while and sail...

    Have a great day!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

Life These Days

  I only listen to the radio while driving. Occasionally I'll sit in the driveway for a few moments to finish a segment. Last Saturday I...